All Comments

• Missmolly { Omg! Adams is CHUCK NORRIS! } – Jul 29, 4:29 AM
  • Harriet Hall { @Jeff, “they’re not normal, and any reasoned person would want answers. So – what the hell are they?” Maybe we can get some clues. You’ve… } – Jul 29, 3:02 AM
  • weing { I suspect she has a PhD from the university of google. } – Jul 29, 2:18 AM
  • Cheech { Due to my orthopaedic and neurological illness, I have been looking for Medical Marihuana. Some might say, why don’t you grow your own? Well problem… } – Jul 29, 2:14 AM
  • Windriven { Had your thesis advisor been competent you would have never gotten to the committee. It is one thing to have insights that differ from the… } – Jul 29, 1:45 AM
  • Chris { I see the money spent on your education was thoroughly wasted. } – Jul 29, 1:39 AM
  • Chris { Because they work. If you have evidence to the contrary, please provide the PubMed indexed studies by reputable qualified researchers to support your claim. } – Jul 29, 1:37 AM
  • Windriven { That was a political rather than a scientific classification. } – Jul 29, 1:31 AM
  • Jeff { Do a Google image search for “rope worm”. Then imagine seeing those images in the toilet. Whether they’re parasites or something else, they’re not normal,… } – Jul 29, 1:20 AM
  • MadisonMD { One particular reason is not possible to show that Arguello’s treatment is not effective is that he will not tell what the treatment is. It… } – Jul 29, 1:11 AM
  • simple-touriste { “The reality is generally most first-world governments do a reasonable job in large part of organizing societies” as with see with the money spent trying… } – Jul 29, 12:47 AM
  • simple-touriste { “Science changes as more evidence comes in” Why homosexuality is not a disease anymore, again? } – Jul 29, 12:44 AM
  • simple-touriste { How are vaccines not quackery? } – Jul 29, 12:40 AM
  • Sawyer { I hesitate to subject some of my favorite science podcasters to your rants, but I would highly recommend listening to a few episodes of This… } – Jul 29, 12:23 AM
  • Sawyer { I’d wager that’s just a coincidence. The central mechanism of Dr. Frank’s treatment really does seem to revolve around some poorly conceived notions of what… } – Jul 29, 12:15 AM
  • Sawyer { I’m usually supportive of a person’s right to maintain their anonymity on this blog, but Jesus tap-dancing Christ, what the hell university did you study… } – Jul 29, 12:10 AM
  • Derek Freyberg { It’s hard to know what to make of this. I see Heckenlively as merely mildly delusional – I mean I like “Lord of the Rings”… } – Jul 28, 10:44 PM
  • Egstra { “Of course you are wrong, as usual. No one prepares anyone to defend their thesis — it isn’t elementary school. No one supervises a graduate… } – Jul 28, 10:24 PM
  • Derek Freyberg { But he didn’t invent the Internet! or did he, and was so modest that he didn’t claim it? } – Jul 28, 10:11 PM
  • Chris Hickie { This is probably just word play, but Avastin and atavistic–to my brain–sound similar enough that I could imagine people being fooled by the similarity–at least… } – Jul 28, 9:51 PM
  • Derek Freyberg { A quick search on the patent database esp@cenet reveals no patents or published applications in the US or PCT to any “arguello, f” that would… } – Jul 28, 9:46 PM
  • Lisa R. { Thank you everyone for responding. I must have missed that part originally about there not being any clinical trials on this. There is a lot… } – Jul 28, 8:58 PM
  • Lytrigian { Endocytosis: The true Paleo-diet! } – Jul 28, 8:34 PM
  • David Gorski { There aren’t even any animal trials I’m aware of using “atavistic oncology” to treat experimental tumors. It’s a whole load of nothing, evidence-wise, other than… } – Jul 28, 8:28 PM
  • MTDoc { There you go! Tin foil hat with a profit motive. I’d still love to talk with people who knew him when. } – Jul 28, 8:27 PM
  • Peter Jones { Dr. Edward Tobinick back in 1998. Do you recognise a certain pattern! http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2457&dat=19980821&id=5QxbAAAAIBAJ&sjid=SU4NAAAAIBAJ&pg=1293,1667433 The Los Angeles Times 1998 America’s ‘hairest man’ collects prize: surgery Extracts… } – Jul 28, 8:21 PM
  • simba { Here are some links I found really helpful while doing something similar: http://www.users.on.net/~pmoran/ http://www.cancertreatmentwatch.org/ http://www.quackometer.net/ http://www.senseaboutscience.org/subjects.php?action=tag&id=57 http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/ With a lot of these ‘cures’, if there’s… } – Jul 28, 8:01 PM
  • Andrey Pavlov { @Whoa: You really have literally not a clue what you are talking about and just enjoy seeing your words show up on the internet, dontcha?… } – Jul 28, 7:58 PM
  • whoa { You don’t even know what psychology is. Psychologists were never therapists until some time in the latter 20th century. Only psychiatrists were therapists. Psychology was… } – Jul 28, 7:58 PM
  • qetzal { If cancers grow by reactivating the atavistic programs of ancient unicellular organisms, why do they have so many ways to overcome specific controls of their… } – Jul 28, 7:52 PM
  • whoa { “Correct me if I’m wrong, but the thesis advisor is the one who prepares you to defend your thesis and generally supervises your day-to-day work,… } – Jul 28, 7:49 PM
  • Sawyer { Since our good friend stan was helpful enough to provide some links, I would advise you to check out the Scientific American article he mis-cited…. } – Jul 28, 7:43 PM
  • simba { Just going to outline my conclusions on what I’ve read if anyone is interested or can correct me: there are some actual health concerns (allergies,… } – Jul 28, 7:38 PM
  • Vladimir { Great, a perfect plot for the SciFi movie. Any takers? } – Jul 28, 7:37 PM
  • WilliamLawrenceUtridge { The biggest problem with GMO is that it’s mostly been used and developed in the first world; it won’t solve third-world hunger because it’s geared… } – Jul 28, 7:33 PM
  • Harriet Hall { @Lisa, Dr. Gorski explained in his article that there are not any published clinical trials of this therapy, only testimonials, which are notoriously unreliable. Arguello… } – Jul 28, 7:33 PM
  • WilliamLawrenceUtridge { Crider, what do you think about the lack of dose-response relationship regarding the consumption of GMO feed versus tumors? The lack of histology on the… } – Jul 28, 7:28 PM
  • WilliamLawrenceUtridge { Those aren’t citations, those are press articles. Citations are to the scientific press, which aims to truthfully and honestly describe reality using evidence. Press articles… } – Jul 28, 7:25 PM
  • MadisonMD { Yes, but it does indicate that we could improve health by returning to our historic evolutionary roots– i.e. by becoming unicellular organisms. This is, in… } – Jul 28, 7:21 PM
  • Lisa R. { I’m new to learning about cancer, and trying to sort out the quacks from the real doctors for my mother-in-law who has breast cancer. She… } – Jul 28, 7:18 PM
  • Lytrigian { Pointing out that bacteria cannot get cancer is rather like pointing out that they cannot contract an upper respiratory infection. It’s true, but not particularly… } – Jul 28, 7:09 PM
  • Sawyer { You are a liar. I live in a farming community. I know people that make their living by understanding what they are planting in the… } – Jul 28, 6:46 PM
  • WilliamLawrenceUtridge { Anyone who thinks that GMOs are the answer to global food problems hasn’t done much investigation, and that includes most of the readers here.Absolutely true… } – Jul 28, 6:29 PM
  • WilliamLawrenceUtridge { Mike Adams email subscription list just grew by a mile from all the attention. Of course, the same could be said of people who look… } – Jul 28, 6:20 PM
  • WilliamLawrenceUtridge { I looked Adams up on that “Truth Wiki” they linked to on that insane site. Yeah, he totally had nothing to do with the lengthy… } – Jul 28, 6:14 PM
  • MadisonMD { This year, after 3 rounds of rigorous peer review, the study has been republished by Environmental Sciences Europe Well, I consider Nature News a more… } – Jul 28, 5:55 PM
  • JD { ESEU aims to enable rational discussions dealing with the article from G.-E. Séralini et al. (Food Chem. Toxicol. 2012, 50:4221–4231) by re-publishing it. By doing… } – Jul 28, 5:10 PM
  • WilliamLawrenceUtridge { That’s a dodge, not an answer. } – Jul 28, 5:03 PM
  • WilliamLawrenceUtridge { I will merely note that nobody here has been particularly convinced for the duration of your appearance here. Not since your first appearance as an… } – Jul 28, 5:02 PM
  • JD { Huge congratulations to this group for getting something published in an open access journal with such rigorous standards! That just negates all of the prior… } – Jul 28, 4:54 PM
  • »»