All Comments

• Badly Shaved Monkey { “such a nest demonstration” = such a neAt demonstratio } – Dec 19, 6:49 AM
  • Andrey Pavlov { Agreed KayMarie… best answer indeed. } – Dec 19, 5:57 AM
  • Andrey Pavlov { Ding ding ding. } – Dec 19, 5:56 AM
  • Windriven { “But anti-MMR is definitely a thing for the Libertarian right” Are you sure about that? I don’t dispute that there are Libertarians who hold anti-vax… } – Dec 19, 5:24 AM
  • Windriven { @Kita You would be dumbstruck by the number of men who envision their young daughters growing up to be 40 year old virgins. Contra KayMarie… } – Dec 19, 5:13 AM
  • Badly Shaved Monkey { Thanks to Bjorn [http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/study-of-acupressure-for-constipation/comment-page-1/#comment-321889], I’ve just watched a couple of SSR’s videos. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MkDcSiToNSk https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MkDcSiToNSk It looks pretty obvious that all he’s doing is tracing the… } – Dec 19, 3:13 AM
  • sadmar { Has a more tempting straight line ever been offered up on SBM? Can you imagine how Johnny or Groucho would have replied to any question… } – Dec 19, 1:40 AM
  • David Drummond { Buhgock. That’ll clear things up for ya.. } – Dec 19, 1:20 AM
  • sadmar { I’m 60, and we had ‘health’ units in Jr. High that covered basic functions of the reproductive organs, but as ‘sex education’ it was pretty… } – Dec 19, 1:19 AM
  • David Drummond { my nomination for the best hypothesis on this creatures origin. } – Dec 19, 1:10 AM
  • sadmar { Watch out for Thor’s hammer guys… } – Dec 19, 1:02 AM
  • sadmar { Mercy, EB. What traumatic tragedy has your young family not suffered? You seem to have weathered these storms with remarkable poise, and dare I say,… } – Dec 19, 12:58 AM
  • simba { I would wonder how many children of these parents would be even allowed to go to the doctor on their own after the age of… } – Dec 19, 12:52 AM
  • sadmar { My guess is the (somewhat bizarre) sex angle plays here such that for HPV antivax it is a genuine Fundie issue and Libertarians don’t mind…. } – Dec 19, 12:48 AM
  • simba { “So, the mainstream is entitled to adopt any standard of evidence it chooses while applying a binary, highly error averse, “you must prove this” standard… } – Dec 19, 12:44 AM
  • Chris { “To them I have asked if they knew of a way to predict if their future spouse would be or not be infected.” Of course… } – Dec 19, 12:43 AM
  • sadmar { I was wondering how many kids from low income families don’t have a chance to speak with the doctor at all after upon turning 13,… } – Dec 19, 12:37 AM
  • Tazia K. Stagg { “Ask him.” } – Dec 19, 12:28 AM
  • David Drummond { dope slap haha } – Dec 19, 12:28 AM
  • EBMOD { My latest theory is that she is some sort of alpha or beta AI program that is failing it’s Turing test in the most bizarre… } – Dec 19, 12:23 AM
  • sadmar { Survey says, **ding, ding, ding** Good answer!! } – Dec 19, 12:11 AM
  • Andrey Pavlov { So, the mainstream is entitled to adopt any standard of evidence it chooses while applying a binary, highly error averse, “you must prove this” standard… } – Dec 19, 12:08 AM
  • Tazia K. Stagg { Moi? Or mouse? } – Dec 19, 12:06 AM
  • sadmar { EB: How does a young pup like yourself know anything about Bob Avakian? Yes, I recall the days circa 1979 when posters would show up… } – Dec 19, 12:04 AM
  • Tazia K. Stagg { I’m good at thinking win-win and I’m aware that it’s not good for men. I asked what I asked because of what Stephen H was… } – Dec 18, 11:53 PM
  • Horatio { This one, for some reason, is really amusing to me. It’s like arguing with ELIZA, but there’s about 50% chance that she’ll go into high… } – Dec 18, 11:26 PM
  • Windriven { that’s a dope slap, not a face palm ;-) } – Dec 18, 11:24 PM
  • Calli Arcale { Both of mine were exclusively breastfed until about six months. First one had no issues with constipation. Second did, and when she did finally go,… } – Dec 18, 11:23 PM
  • Windriven { Taz, you are a troll and I have a general revulsion to responding to trolls. But this comment is so … damaged, that it demands… } – Dec 18, 11:18 PM
  • Horatio { No, Eliza, what’s YOUR favourite food? } – Dec 18, 11:15 PM
  • Horatio { Did that institution accept payment in Bitcoins? } – Dec 18, 11:10 PM
  • Tazia K. Stagg { Does anyone believe that extramarital sex is good for women and children? } – Dec 18, 10:10 PM
  • brewandferment { Well, since Jann’s a lawyer (isn’t she?) then you could append Esq. Or you could just go back to what I expect my kids to… } – Dec 18, 9:46 PM
  • JD { So, the mainstream is entitled to adopt any standard of evidence it chooses while applying a binary, highly error averse, “you must prove this” standard… } – Dec 18, 9:32 PM
  • Stephen H { I expect that if my sister were growing up post-HPV vaccine availability, my parents would prevent her from receiving it. My parents were staunch Baptists,… } – Dec 18, 9:26 PM
  • Tazia K. Stagg { For real. Why don’t you explain what you were trying to express? } – Dec 18, 9:11 PM
  • brewandferment { oops. I put *snicker* in and I guess there’s no html for snicker…. 8-p } – Dec 18, 9:02 PM
  • brewandferment { seems like I’ve heard that a goodly number of tenure track professors also detest interacting with undergrads especially freshmen and sophomores? My recollections (now almost… } – Dec 18, 8:56 PM
  • PMoran { “Because, Peter, “one standard” does not mean “one level” of evidence. The standard incorporates the levels. One standard does not mean “only one level of… } – Dec 18, 8:53 PM
  • Chris { Sometimes I think they forgot some of the thoughts and feelings they had at and after puberty. I know from my own personal experience the… } – Dec 18, 8:51 PM
  • Chris { In other blog threads there have been those who say if a girl is careful she would not need the HPV vaccine. To them I… } – Dec 18, 8:19 PM
  • Jane { My daughter just reached the age where they recommend the Gardisil vaccine, and the look of relief on the doctor’s face when I cut off… } – Dec 18, 8:13 PM
  • Andrey Pavlov { @lytrigian: Oh yes. I am from Southern California and my family has a cabin in Big Bear Lake. I lived up there for a month… } – Dec 18, 8:05 PM
  • Andrey Pavlov { Thanks Mouse! Got it and sent back. } – Dec 18, 7:58 PM
  • mouse { Done – so you can check your junk mail if you don’t see it. } – Dec 18, 7:50 PM
  • David Drummond { “I can’t tell what your comment was intended to signify.” No…… Really? } – Dec 18, 7:44 PM
  • brewandferment { This comment has been trimmed to empty. } – Dec 18, 7:17 PM
  • brewandferment { FWIW, exclusively breastfed babies can often become “savers” and boy you better beware after it’s been a few days. Because once they start letting go,… } – Dec 18, 7:16 PM
  • MadisonMD { I’m surprised they didn’t report the rate of adverse events in the poor bastards who were force to watch 40 Oz shows. } – Dec 18, 6:27 PM
  • Windriven { “there should probably be a county-health-type resource for low-income families.” What a terrific idea! } – Dec 18, 6:22 PM
  • »»