All Comments

• chemical { To answer your question about the Mario energy drink — I’d argue it’s targeted towards the late 20′s-early 30′s gamer. Mario games are completely G-rated,… } – Nov 21, 11:18 AM
  • Clay Jones { But even the less concentrated energy drinks are a problem. They contain typically much more caffeine than a coke, for instance, and are more akin… } – Nov 21, 11:02 AM
  • Tazia K. Stagg { I can explain. } – Nov 21, 11:02 AM
  • WilliamLawrenceUtridge { I can see why you would complain about this, since you were forced to read it at gunpoint, as all of our readers are, by… } – Nov 21, 10:49 AM
  • EBMOD { Which is annoyingly stupid, considering that the same people crying nanny state probably have no issue with the fact that their OTC pain meds come… } – Nov 21, 10:49 AM
  • Clay Jones { Thanks for the feedback Travis. Which claims do you feel were hyperbolic? } – Nov 21, 10:48 AM
  • Tazia K. Stagg { EBMOD, who insulted someone? } – Nov 21, 10:47 AM
  • Clay Jones { For some reason the image of a broken clock has just popped into my head. But yes, other people and organizations have discussed this issue… } – Nov 21, 10:46 AM
  • goodnightirene { I now think that I understand why a certain relative of mine used to keep a lot of Red Bull in her “secret” fridge in… } – Nov 21, 10:35 AM
  • estockly { >>> There is at least one documented case of improved kidney function too. Yea, but there’s also good science. Sure, more study is needed, but… } – Nov 21, 10:32 AM
  • Alister Henley { Dare I say, NCCAM has a more concise examination of energy drinks and links to useful resources: http://nccam.nih.gov/health/energy-drink } – Nov 21, 10:29 AM
  • Windriven { “Professionalism” The irony overwhelms! We know you don’t appreciate history but Dr. Pavlov has a long, rich history of detailed technical contributions as both a… } – Nov 21, 10:17 AM
  • EBMOD { You seriously think that coming in here, insulting everyone, and overall being incorrigible is professional? } – Nov 21, 10:10 AM
  • Windriven { “so that I could have pretended to appreciate your attempt to protect me from whoa.” You flatter yourself. I have no interest in protecting you… } – Nov 21, 10:08 AM
  • Travis { I don’t disagree with you, I wouldn’t touch a red bull, but this isn’t the typical SBM post, in my humble opinion. Hyperbolic scare language,… } – Nov 21, 10:07 AM
  • Windriven { 20 November at 9:30 the Taz demands of MadisonMD: “Please identify yourself and your credentials and then elaborate if you are qualified.” 21 November at… } – Nov 21, 9:43 AM
  • lilady { Please read this post by Dr. Gorski about the differences in the defining of infant mortality rates in various countries: http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/vaccine-schedules-and-infant-mortality-a-false-relationship-promoted-by-the-anti-vaccine-movement/#more-12516 } – Nov 21, 9:05 AM
  • Windriven { I wonder why no one has marketed a Popeye brand energy drink? Demographics don’t work, I guess. But the message promoted by Redbull and Monster… } – Nov 21, 8:42 AM
  • Tazia K. Stagg { professionalism } – Nov 21, 8:37 AM
  • Tazia K. Stagg { I should have pretended to care about the history of SBM comment section drama so that I could have pretended to appreciate your attempt to… } – Nov 21, 8:30 AM
  • Jann Bellamy { Jann can and will. It has been on my to do list for a while but as Mark points out, we don’t have much in… } – Nov 21, 8:20 AM
  • Tazia K. Stagg { Thank you for the info, Chris. I’m glad that content is important is something people say here; I don’t care about credentials. No one has… } – Nov 21, 8:15 AM
  • Windriven { Well said. } – Nov 21, 8:01 AM
  • Windriven { ” I see physio’s acting more and more like the worst in chiropractic and jumping down the rabbit hole, using activators, SOT blocking with similar… } – Nov 21, 7:55 AM
  • Andrés { There is a new review about Vitamin D and colon cancer. Given the epidemiological data and disinformation about needed dose I don’t think a good… } – Nov 21, 7:47 AM
  • Windriven { “do they think what we do in practice is evidence based?” Frightening, stated as broadly as your anecdote reports it. Which is not to suggest… } – Nov 21, 7:46 AM
  • Bryan { Scott, thank you for another great post. I agree that “B12 is useless, unless deficiency”. This doesn’t stop people like James Neubrander, MD (also “board… } – Nov 21, 7:30 AM
  • sadmar { This. X100. I completely agree with Windriven that the ultimate issue is the failure of governments to to do even minimal regulatory oversight of ‘health… } – Nov 21, 7:26 AM
  • Windriven { Vielen dank! } – Nov 21, 7:22 AM
  • Andrés { Dr. Pavlov said: Firstly, the “low-carb” diet was an average of 116.7g of carbs/day. At least it is lower than the 171g/day of the moderate… } – Nov 21, 7:10 AM
  • rork { From unification era. Prussian eagle holds wings spread, indicating protection of former independent states. Lion holds tail up, so it’s easier to lick a certain… } – Nov 21, 6:38 AM
  • simba { Would love to know what the ‘inaccuracies’ are. Also, this is why civility is rarely wasted. It really really irritates a certain type of troll. } – Nov 21, 6:37 AM
  • Bryan { Just hold the key for o (and e, u, a) long enough an the Umlaut will pop right up. Viel Erfolg! ;) } – Nov 21, 6:18 AM
  • schvankus { Are they wrong? I don’t know. I didn’t check them. More importantly, neither did the author of the article. The International Food Information Council (IFIC)… } – Nov 21, 5:13 AM
  • John { Amen } – Nov 21, 3:33 AM
  • gippgig { Anybody try 40mg a day? } – Nov 21, 1:44 AM
  • Windriven { “What’s the most offensive thing I’ve written?” There are a variety of choices but let’s go with: ” I’m not interested in the history of… } – Nov 21, 1:23 AM
  • Windriven { @Madison Thanks. } – Nov 21, 12:44 AM
  • Windriven { “I know this is hard for some to follow.” I don’t think anyone has a difficult time following what you’re saying, Peter. I just don’t… } – Nov 21, 12:38 AM
  • Anoop { Agreed. Also, the Numbers needed to harm and the Confidence interval. } – Nov 21, 12:30 AM
  • Thinking_Chiro { There have been a fair few comments above in regards to chiro’s, physio’s and medico’s. I work in a medical centre with doctors and they… } – Nov 21, 12:28 AM
  • Anoop { Eminent or not, expert opinion is always at the bottom of the pyramid of evidence hierarchy. So it doesn’t matter how long his CV is.. } – Nov 21, 12:24 AM
  • Tazia K. Stagg { I specifically didn’t (and don’t) want to be entertained here, but this experience has been absurd enough that I can recognize its entertainment value. What’s… } – Nov 21, 12:23 AM
  • J Hudson { Interesting point JefftheGreen, also, I thought that the ulcerative effect of these compounds was systemically mediated and not a result of direct exposure to the… } – Nov 21, 12:07 AM
  • Mark Crislip { Thats DOCTOR Slacker. I didn’t go to slacker medical school for 4 years to not be called Doctor. } – Nov 20, 11:49 PM
  • EBMOD { Anyone else think we should email the real Dr Skagg? I get the suspicion that this poster is not the real person. May be some… } – Nov 20, 11:36 PM
  • Bob { Agreeing with Thor, I don’t think anyone is saying environmental toxins cannot contribute to autism. We know from twin-studies that genetics is not a 100%… } – Nov 20, 11:18 PM
  • MadisonMD { Very sensible, thanks for sharing. } – Nov 20, 11:17 PM
  • MadisonMD { Perhaps it is difficult to convince people they need to see a preventive health specialist when most expect to get this from their PCP. If… } – Nov 20, 11:11 PM
  • Jopari { So are you saying that CAM has a legitimate leg to stand on? Windriven doesn’t insult every new person here who talks about CAM favorably,… } – Nov 20, 10:24 PM
  • »»