All Comments

• Calli Arcale { Oh wow, Zecharia Sitchin’s Nibiru/Annunaki nonsense? Folks, here it is: crank magnetism in action. Sitchin (along with Velikovsky and von Danniken) are impressive for managing… } – Sep 19, 1:59 PM
  • drunkenmonkey { The Chinese were performing detailed human dissections where they carefully measured the blood vessels and weighed the internal organs at a time when western physicians… } – Sep 19, 1:58 PM
  • Andrey Pavlov { @Windriven: Glad you clarified. I was going to ask you for citations to back up your assertions :-P } – Sep 19, 1:49 PM
  • KayMarie { Please to tell me how to dissect out the triple warmer? } – Sep 19, 1:47 PM
  • Nell on Wheels { Ima Skeptic has become (many posts ago) boring in the extreme. Agreed. I continued to slog through its for far too long. As of yesterday,… } – Sep 19, 1:28 PM
  • TBruce { http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huangdi_Neijing Wikipedia states that there is a multitude of translations of Huangdi Neijing with a multitude of meanings, so who knows what it originally claimed…. } – Sep 19, 1:23 PM
  • Chemmomo { drunkenmonkey, “Chinese medicine is not a metaphysical, energy medicine but instead a “flesh and bones” medicine concerned with the proper flow of oxygen and blood… } – Sep 19, 1:20 PM
  • anonymous { To the commenter who denigrated Dr Novella’s Hollywood Reporter citation: I also questioned why Dr. Novella had cited that publication and linked to it. I… } – Sep 19, 1:18 PM
  • EBMOD { No, we don’t reject Chinese medicine because of translation errors, we reject it because when used, there is no observable benefit. } – Sep 19, 1:11 PM
  • Chemmomo { Windriven, I think you mean Watterson. Bill Watterson. I’m pretty sure I have just about every collection printed. And I had them even before I… } – Sep 19, 1:05 PM
  • Patrick { “Since 1938, there have come to our attention a number of children whose condition differs so markedly and uniquely from anything reported so far, that… } – Sep 19, 1:02 PM
  • drunkenmonkey { There are some common misconceptions about Chinese medicine. Chinese medicine isn’t a woo-woo, esoteric “energy medicine” at all, but instead a functional, “flesh and bones”… } – Sep 19, 12:55 PM
  • Nell on Wheels { I miss Calvin! But I still get my daily dose of old ones — along with other favorite comics that have been discontinued — with… } – Sep 19, 12:54 PM
  • EBMOD { Does it say ‘treat’ or ’cause’ depression? Because if I was being repeatedly stabbed there, I would be depressed too. } – Sep 19, 12:47 PM
  • Thor { “…….like recommending raising an alligator as a household pet.” LOL! Every other Friday (it used to be weekly), I can count on a new Crislip… } – Sep 19, 12:43 PM
  • Lawrence { Well, at least Andrew Wakefield’s case is finally over – looks like he’ll be writing another big fat check to Brian Deer…. NO. 03-12-00576-CV Dr…. } – Sep 19, 12:22 PM
  • Jopari { If if if if if, those are a lot of ifs downpak. Quite simply, if I were to do research that deliberately endangered individuals for… } – Sep 19, 12:17 PM
  • mark crislip { LOL. That comment is going to be in all my lectures } – Sep 19, 12:16 PM
  • DevoutCatalyst { > posterior labial commissure They’ve got the jargon down, but it’s naive that they should do so because it cannot hide their lack of medical… } – Sep 19, 12:07 PM
  • EBMOD { That would be fantastic, I am hoping to be up there sometime next summer. We will have to meet up, should be a good time…. } – Sep 19, 12:04 PM
  • Jopari { Citation please. } – Sep 19, 12:00 PM
  • Nick J { Drowning. Drowning? Drowning!?!? I really meant to put different words and more thought into this comment, but I’m stuck on acupuncture for Drowning. DROWNING!!?? } – Sep 19, 11:55 AM
  • Jopari { How often have we countered this? Anyone keeping score? At that level, it’s not rat poison, since it’s diluted to a point where it isn’t… } – Sep 19, 11:48 AM
  • Jopari { It is a serious post using humourous satire that exagerrates, but not by much, the current situation. } – Sep 19, 11:40 AM
  • Jopari { Honestly, I wish I could catch up. } – Sep 19, 11:35 AM
  • KayMarie { Maybe we should add that to the drop someone’s hand on their face to see if they are faking a coma or not test protocol. } – Sep 19, 11:27 AM
  • Windriven { Perfect Friday fare! What a shame that Patterson retired Calvin. } – Sep 19, 11:27 AM
  • Jopari { Source, scaled against what? Dosage response also required. You presented a news story of a woman who went 20 years on massive flouride overdose whose… } – Sep 19, 11:27 AM
  • William { I like how this guy bemoans the Orwellian nature of things he doesn’t like, and then closes with his desire for an Orwellian board to… } – Sep 19, 11:26 AM
  • Windriven { From Kay-Marie’s link: “Main point for drowning, coma, manic depression.” I wonder if even our own resident delusional SSR would think sticking a needle in… } – Sep 19, 11:24 AM
  • EBMOD { http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_CXhZq5GDGH4/S8U768-CnfI/AAAAAAAAALA/wmgwv7ssVPs/s640/Sugar+Bombs.gif Couldn’t resist. :) } – Sep 19, 11:22 AM
  • KayMarie { How about this point, it isn’t a meridian. http://www.yinyanghouse.com/acupuncturepoints/cv1 I really don’t know how many people let anyone stick a needle there. } – Sep 19, 11:19 AM
  • Windriven { “Supposedly, it throws the subsidies all out of whack when they only get 10-15 years out of a doctor.” Again, that demonstrates only that the… } – Sep 19, 11:16 AM
  • Windriven { “They have the loan forgiveness thing but a lot of docs bail on it…” Cervantes, all that means is that the loan forgiveness rules need… } – Sep 19, 11:14 AM
  • Jopari { Pray tell, are people injecting oranges with sodium flouride? Or is it natural? Has anyone proven that taking oramges in conjunction with flouridated water causes… } – Sep 19, 11:13 AM
  • Sean Duggan { Or they practice the minimum amount of time. Also, medical school already has a heavy amount of subsidization going on. There was an article I… } – Sep 19, 11:05 AM
  • goodnightirene { No testicle meridian? What a surprise! Perhaps there is an adjacent “point” that intersects or some such? Surely we need more studies. After all, the… } – Sep 19, 11:03 AM
  • dansamy { Thank y’all! Years ago, I had a crackpot patient that I just thought must be a paranoid schizophrenic. He trapped me in his room to… } – Sep 19, 11:01 AM
  • Jopari { Similar effects, different dosages. We’ve addressed this before. The reason why the toxicology studies were done in China was because many areas have a flouride… } – Sep 19, 10:59 AM
  • goodnightirene { J, have you heard of sarcasm? } – Sep 19, 10:59 AM
  • Windriven { Where do you come up with this stuff, stan? You have a citation handy? } – Sep 19, 10:58 AM
  • stanmrak { It’s no conspiracy theory that former Nazi scientists came to the USA after WW2 and gave us their technology in exchange for immunity from prosecution…. } – Sep 19, 10:57 AM
  • stanmrak { Tesla also claimed to have gotten some of his science by way of extraterrestrial intelligence transmitting signals from Mars. } – Sep 19, 10:50 AM
  • J Sand { “‘Suggests’, ‘may’, ‘equivocal’. Hardly a ringing endorsement. The introduction is equally lukewarm:” This is different than most medical science research, which says things like “This… } – Sep 19, 10:39 AM
  • Windriven { You’re new here, aren’t you? } – Sep 19, 10:07 AM
  • J { You have quite a bizarre way of looking at the world. Is this a serious post? } – Sep 19, 9:52 AM
  • Windriven { I refuse to see one vet at the practice where I take my Lab. The dog has regular ear problems when I let her swim… } – Sep 19, 9:44 AM
  • AKK { Small town politics can be vicious. My dad was on the board for our local hospital (about 30 beds) and went through the process of… } – Sep 19, 9:37 AM
  • DevoutCatalyst { For our next unwarranted acu study let’s tackle the acute gout attack, one arm (big toe, rather) gets standard of care, the other gets acupuncture… } – Sep 19, 9:11 AM
  • Alex { I guess that rationalizations are related to cognitive dissonance (Wikipedia article) as well. } – Sep 19, 9:11 AM
  • »»