All Comments

• Iqbal { Windriven “Did you read Dr. Pavlov’s response at (4)? Did you follow the links?” Did you read the link? Read this: “Why do physicians vary… } – Aug 30, 5:28 AM
  • PMoran { “You are freaking kidding me right? If you are going to be fair and objective about this, please tell me that you are willing to… } – Aug 30, 3:23 AM
  • Fiona { I’d do it in exchange for a coffee and a chat at least :) } – Aug 30, 2:52 AM
  • Fiona { Yup, I also prefer to work with older children who can have a chat. *shrugs* It’s life. } – Aug 30, 2:50 AM
  • EBMOD { I must say that this was the first (and hopefully last) time I have seen a study attempt to use a glorified thumb wrestling match… } – Aug 30, 2:26 AM
  • EBMOD { Yeah, I highly doubt any of them understand what epinephrine is other than a ‘chemical coming from a scary looking needle’. That irony did not… } – Aug 30, 2:17 AM
  • EBMOD { I highly suggest you scroll down to Nell On Wheels excellent post. } – Aug 30, 2:08 AM
  • Bob Johnston { I’m sure you’re right. No doubt it would be a complete waste of time to do any studies. Glad we cleared that matter up. Somebody… } – Aug 30, 1:58 AM
  • Chris { Define “quantum” and explain the meaning of the “quan” bit. Tell us the difference between potential energy and kinetic energy, and how they are related…. } – Aug 30, 1:55 AM
  • Chris { Define “quantum” and explain the meaning of the “quan” bit. Tell us the difference between potential energy and kinetic energy, and how they are related…. } – Aug 30, 1:54 AM
  • Chris { “Well here it was” } – Aug 30, 1:52 AM
  • Chris { Well here is was Alternative Flight, but earlier in the twentieth century Dr. Novella did write about Alternative Engineering. } – Aug 30, 1:52 AM
  • SouthernAlbertan { Actually, mirroring bison migration is neither loony nor unrealistic, though it is labour-intensive. A group of ranchers are doing just that along the eastern slopes… } – Aug 30, 1:49 AM
  • Bob Johnston { Actually my initial preconceived notion was that a person could effectively lose weight by cutting calories, eating a low fat diet along with healthy whole… } – Aug 30, 1:45 AM
  • Bob Johnston { Dang, that was really difficult to find using Google… oh wait, no it wasn’t. :-) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17341711 This may seem dull; it may even seem odd… } – Aug 30, 1:34 AM
  • Johnny { Penn and Teller, in the Showtime series “Bull$#!+” (elpletive munged) discuss chiropractors they “adjust” babies (well, Penn does, Teller doesn’t say a lot). I agree… } – Aug 30, 1:31 AM
  • Chris { :-) “Ah, what are you doing old timey people!” (I read Rabid by Wasik and Murphy just before the rabies episode, and it looks like… } – Aug 30, 1:24 AM
  • Chris { Wow. I am sorry to hear that. By the way I have myopia and astigmatism (the type that required the annoying soft toric contact lenses,… } – Aug 30, 1:18 AM
  • mangrovewoman { It’s high INTENSITY interval training. Or high intensity intermittent exercise if you read the original journal article (below). My 18-kilo weight loss thanks to doing… } – Aug 30, 1:02 AM
  • MadisonMD { There is simply no good reason to think that cancer can be effectively treated with diet… as much as we would like to believe it… } – Aug 30, 12:53 AM
  • Nell on Wheels { “The harm caused by this particular vaccine, the number of cases of narcolepsy ‘aka’ brain damage for life far outweighed the risks of the disease,… } – Aug 30, 12:47 AM
  • Barney { Hello all. So a friend of mine has been going to a Functional doctor (is this what naturopaths are calling themselves now?) and he/she had… } – Aug 30, 12:45 AM
  • Chris { While I am reminding you this article is about the MMR vaccine, I should also give you the startling news that it never contained thimerosal…. } – Aug 30, 12:42 AM
  • MadisonMD { Thanks, Andres. Pretty interesting. It’s a 4-arm study comparing 4 different diets for premenopausal women with baseline BMI 27-40. The primary endpoint was weight loss… } – Aug 30, 12:41 AM
  • Chris { You know, this is not an issue I dwell on. Yes, most people think that only men can be aerospace engineers, but it was fun… } – Aug 30, 12:34 AM
  • Mike { You did and thank you. } – Aug 30, 12:31 AM
  • Chris { You. Your rants are incoherent and are not about the above article. You should perhaps read the article to understand that it is about the… } – Aug 30, 12:31 AM
  • Marc { It’s like the SCAM Bingo Card with every space filled! } – Aug 30, 12:30 AM
  • AdamG { Why do you assume Chris is a man? } – Aug 30, 12:29 AM
  • Hello Humpty Dumpty! { Are you speaking with me or Chris? There are only around 2000 words used in order to gain fluency in any given language and around… } – Aug 30, 12:22 AM
  • Chris { “Therefore, I cannot trust science, and many others cannot also, and that is where the problem lies here.” Then the only thing you should do… } – Aug 30, 12:21 AM
  • Nell on Wheels { You did answer your own question, but not the way you think you did. There are three key points in your comment: 1. “…its what… } – Aug 30, 12:18 AM
  • Sawyer { If you think people like Dr. Gorski are avoiding the topic of bad science in drug companies, maybe you should tell the entire anti-vaccine community… } – Aug 30, 12:14 AM
  • Chris { By the way do tell us how measles is completely safe and great for the brain. } – Aug 30, 12:08 AM
  • Chris { It is what this thread is about, the affect of the MMR vaccine. Have you not read the above article? } – Aug 30, 12:06 AM
  • E-rook { I interpreted the quote the same way that lyturgian did. I also find the company of toddlers to be more intellectually stimulating than infants. Infants… } – Aug 29, 11:54 PM
  • MadisonMD { I trust the guilt of this scientist far more than I do Madison’s refusal to acknowledge the obvious link between vaccines and autism. Then there… } – Aug 29, 11:51 PM
  • Missmolly { Inconceivable! } – Aug 29, 11:48 PM
  • Jen { I wonder how many fatalities, illnesses, or addictions occur from a Naturopath’s prescriptions? They don’t deal with the same noxious agents the representatives of Big… } – Aug 29, 10:54 PM
  • kris { I was wondering if someone could comment on this for me. So, I was a behavioral therapist for children with autism and participated in many… } – Aug 29, 10:40 PM
  • Chris { Graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Aeronautics and Astronautics, plus some graduate school. And you? } – Aug 29, 10:30 PM
  • Hello Humpty Dumpty! { Did I say anything about MMR? Are you literate? } – Aug 29, 10:29 PM
  • Nell on Wheels { You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. } – Aug 29, 10:26 PM
  • Hello Humpty Dumpty! { In regards to your comment Chris; What grade are you in? } – Aug 29, 10:25 PM
  • Chris { What paper shows the MMR vaccine causes narcolepsy? } – Aug 29, 10:19 PM
  • Hello Humpty Dumpty! { Exactly!!! The harm caused by this particular vaccine, the number of cases of narcolepsy ‘aka’ brain damage for life far outweighed the risks of the… } – Aug 29, 10:16 PM
  • KayMarie { I posted a bit about it from my reading of the digital copy of the book way up thread. } – Aug 29, 9:55 PM
  • KayMarie { At least most intergrative MDs at least have training in science-based medicine. I suggest reading the what’s the harm website for many people who saw… } – Aug 29, 9:53 PM
  • DevoutCatalyst { Moe Howard ? } – Aug 29, 9:42 PM
  • WilliamLawrenceUtridge { So can you explain why I’ve spoken to hundreds of parents who say “I had a fully functional, talkative, happy child until they got the… } – Aug 29, 9:37 PM
  • «« »»