All Comments

• Richard Abbott { What do you mean ? Classical gravitation (Newton) theory is perfectly adept at putting a man on the moon, or arranging a interplanetary grand tour… } – Oct 24, 2:56 PM
  • Richard Abbott { *applause* Or maybe apple sauce if you are peckish, but either way a very well done piece of satire. } – Oct 24, 2:38 PM
  • DevoutCatalyst { Chronic Lyme ? } – Oct 24, 2:28 PM
  • David Gorski { Funny, but you’re the first one who’s complained about the writing style of the paper. Seriously. True, a fair number of people have complained about… } – Oct 24, 2:26 PM
  • GregH { Actually George, flying any of the treason flags is proof positive of a lack of any kind of useful intelligence. To fly it one must… } – Oct 24, 2:07 PM
  • GregH { Windriven: I didn’t say your source was fox-news. I said I questioned your claim because it sounded remarkably like things that fox was wrongly asserting… } – Oct 24, 2:01 PM
  • Dave { No you’re not, Stan. The commenters above are agreeing there’s much that’s not explained by current science, with your example of gravity and the associated… } – Oct 24, 1:57 PM
  • GregH { And even granting your statement as true (it isn’t)…what exactly does that say about the assertion that science is the only reliable way to determine… } – Oct 24, 1:52 PM
  • GregH { Ahh the “God of the Gaps” argument. How can we know? Because science is a process which has been demonstrated, time and time again, to… } – Oct 24, 1:50 PM
  • GregH { Anything that exists in this world either has been explained by science or is explainable by science. No one has ever, to my knowledge, demonstrated… } – Oct 24, 1:45 PM
  • stan { How do you even know that the universe isn’t outside the realm of understanding for current science? We can’t even explain gravity. You’re only reinforcing… } – Oct 24, 1:24 PM
  • stan { Writers here are regularly pretending to understand things that they clearly don’t. That’s all I’m saying. } – Oct 24, 1:19 PM
  • RoninChurchill { Perhaps this is an abstraction, but consider the virtually infinite quantity of numbers that no human or computer has ever visualized, and that we aren’t… } – Oct 24, 1:16 PM
  • Lynn { Ed — I really want a like button! } – Oct 24, 1:08 PM
  • Sean Duggan { That… doesn’t entirely surprise me from a physiology standpoint. Girls are maturing at earlier ages. For those people who have a genuine attraction to the… } – Oct 24, 12:51 PM
  • Sean Duggan { Another problem is scent. Pregnant women smell different, something about the hormonal changes. :-P But yes, double-blinding the women to ensure that they don’t actually… } – Oct 24, 12:39 PM
  • Ravi { The author starts of with a bang and ends with a whimper. I thought he was going to talk about the interesting topic of antibiotics… } – Oct 24, 12:31 PM
  • Brian Buchbinder { 4-27-14 Carlsbad, CA Research subject dies when wave function collapses. Police are investigating the death of a research subject (name withheld) at the Chopra Wellness… } – Oct 24, 12:21 PM
  • IceWings { Actually, stan, if more people understood the scientific method, and had a reasonably decent understanding of basic science, then they would trust the scientists more…. } – Oct 24, 12:15 PM
  • David Drummond { “scientists let down their arrogance long enough to admit it, more people might trust them.” what about people like you who are to arrogant to… } – Oct 24, 12:04 PM
  • Windriven { stan: “I would take issue with the assertion that “only science can determine what works and what doesn’t.” The breadth of the universe, including the… } – Oct 24, 12:03 PM
  • Lawrence { Stupid Stan – “science” is a process by which the natural world is understood…the mechanisms, the why things are as they are, etc….. If you… } – Oct 24, 11:46 AM
  • Chris { So you favor the “let’s just make up stuff” method. } – Oct 24, 11:43 AM
  • Ed Whitney { Cervantes! You must be psychic! If you are interested, we are currently recruiting psychics for our past life astrology program. Again, we see the failings… } – Oct 24, 11:28 AM
  • stan { I would take issue with the assertion that “only science can determine what works and what doesn’t.” The breadth of the universe, including the human… } – Oct 24, 11:26 AM
  • TM { It’s a shame you didn’t carry over the writing style of this blog to the paper. That first paragraph will shut most lay people (and… } – Oct 24, 10:28 AM
  • EBMOD { Ugh. As if on cue: http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-news/va-doc-accused-of-child-rape-could-face-federal-charges/29313322 Before I had kids, when I would read about child molesters, it made my skin crawl. However, it took… } – Oct 24, 10:26 AM
  • rork { “You have to consider researcher bias, publication, bias, and simple sloppiness and error. ” Those are considerations when looking at reported results, from multiple experiments,… } – Oct 24, 10:25 AM
  • Clay Jones { The Cleveland Clinic would likely be delighted to give you office space. } – Oct 24, 10:13 AM
  • Cervantes { I take it the AAAH was incorporated under the sign of Coprotaurus, the shitting bull. } – Oct 24, 9:51 AM
  • Ed Whitney { Well! You “skeptics” can huff and puff all you want to about homeopathy, but you are only talking about conventional homeopaths, who never consider the… } – Oct 24, 9:44 AM
  • Iqbal { Harriet Hall You did not define the antibiotic dose for the hypothetical patient. This is after many years of training and experience. Can you imagine… } – Oct 24, 9:39 AM
  • Windriven { I can more or less understand the appeal of quackery to some consumers. Good health throughout much of a lifetime has become an expectation, largely… } – Oct 24, 9:10 AM
  • mouse { To true! Some people are unduly impressed with fame. I have a family member like that. Basically if it’s famous or popular or expensive, it… } – Oct 24, 9:04 AM
  • mouse { How about the HCG diet? Or is that old news? } – Oct 24, 9:01 AM
  • rork { I don’t think so J. If p-value is the criteria, bigger study has more power, which is by far the most common way we think… } – Oct 24, 8:52 AM
  • Andrey Pavlov { I would far sooner have a gifted resident than a distracted prima donna who spends large chunks of his time trying to sell magical rubbish… } – Oct 24, 8:43 AM
  • Andrey Pavlov { I complained about perceived insensitivity and was snidely told to get over myself. No, you were politely told to get over yourself. There is only… } – Oct 24, 8:40 AM
  • Andrey Pavlov { Yes, you did ad hominem attack Sam. I have seen nowhere in your arguments anything specific about the content of this post. All I have… } – Oct 24, 8:33 AM
  • Andrey Pavlov { Yes, of course any specific sequence is equally as unlikely as any other specific sequence. But a sequence of TTTTT is much less likely than… } – Oct 24, 8:27 AM
  • Windriven { “I just had to see how a cardiac surgeon can do a daily show and still practice medicine” And I can’t imagine what is going… } – Oct 24, 8:05 AM
  • Pietro Navetta { TCM Doctor Fails Round One of East Versus West Medical Battle http://www.thenanfang.com/blog/tcm-doctor-fails-round-one-of-east-versus-west-battle/ } – Oct 24, 8:00 AM
  • Windriven { “Godzilla, I don’t see what is so magical about DPTs that they would be necessary to critique Sam Homola’s writings.” Neither do I. And in… } – Oct 24, 7:56 AM
  • MadisonMD { Thanks, Scote. I, too, failed to understand that argument. A specific sequence at 5 in a row isn’t terribly unlikely. } – Oct 24, 7:51 AM
  • Erik Pohlman, PT, DPT { Godzilla, I don’t see what is so magical about DPTs that they would be necessary to critique Sam Homola’s writings. I am curious why you… } – Oct 24, 7:45 AM
  • extra { Being betrayed by your pimp is worse than bad cooking. } – Oct 24, 7:13 AM
  • gregMD { He doesn’t have a leg to stand on. He’s done. } – Oct 24, 7:04 AM
  • J { Ideally it would be best if neither the testers or testees or those putting on the study actually knew who was pregnant and who wasnt…. } – Oct 24, 6:54 AM
  • J { Correct me if I am wrong… but if you are defining a smaller study as the more powerful study… then you and Steven are in… } – Oct 24, 6:43 AM
  • John Smith { http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs311/en/ I don’t know where you guys get your info, but WHO thinks differently. } – Oct 24, 5:05 AM
  • «« »»