All Comments

• Laurens { A massage parlour in the Netherlands was recently closed down by the local authorities because it was suspected of offering ‘happy endings’ to customers. The… } – Oct 31, 11:24 AM
  • sadmar { Electric Fire Oral Acupuncture? Could be a new website at KinkDOTcom? (don’t go there…) Going the other way: Tong Ren BDSM could become A Thing…. } – Oct 31, 11:19 AM
  • Mike { Is Dr. Crislip a Star Trek fan? } – Oct 31, 11:12 AM
  • WilliamLawrenceUtridge { For me, for government trust, isolated cases like Tuskegee indicate that oversight and controls are needed. But to claim that those examples mean every single… } – Oct 31, 11:02 AM
  • WilliamLawrenceUtridge { The asymetry of the professions is profound. On one hand, doctors have to be scientific, are heavily monitored and controlled, and if they’re even aware… } – Oct 31, 10:55 AM
  • WilliamLawrenceUtridge { Not to mention his claims of intellectual superiority, made in a profoundly ungrammatical sentence. } – Oct 31, 10:48 AM
  • WilliamLawrenceUtridge { Medicine is a for profit business which has distorted the use of the concept ScienceTwo questions: 1) Do you charge your patients for your services?… } – Oct 31, 10:45 AM
  • WilliamLawrenceUtridge { My understanding is it is basically a regular needle that is solid rather than hollow; essentially it’s acupuncture but without invoking magic, used mostly for… } – Oct 31, 10:44 AM
  • Calli Arcale { Ick; sorry about the weird carriage returns that appear to have infested my quotefile and now been transferred into my post above. } – Oct 31, 10:39 AM
  • Calli Arcale { I know how important the middle finger can be in some human interactions. “A finger is worth a thousand words and, therefore, is particularly useful… } – Oct 31, 10:38 AM
  • EBMOD { “WTF does that even mean?” It means he denies that logical fallacies and biases are real. Confirmation bias, selection bias, and assuming correlation is causation… } – Oct 31, 10:28 AM
  • KayMarie { It comes out of trigger point therapy, but instead of injecting something into the muscle knots (like lidocaine) you just stick the needle in there…. } – Oct 31, 10:06 AM
  • LouV { I would also like to know what would be a better method. (No sarcasm meant, I’m sincerely curious since the studies I can recall which… } – Oct 31, 9:26 AM
  • Justamom { My sister works at a Pilates/physical therapy studio in an affluent area outside of Atlanta. Lots of woo at this place with oriental and naturopathetic(not… } – Oct 31, 9:26 AM
  • LouV { Derp, correction : The injectable polio vaccine has been tested on americans. The oral polio vaccine has been tested in Soviet Union. (However, contrary to… } – Oct 31, 9:15 AM
  • LouV { “Government has a habit of getting caught experimenting on people, especially those in other countries. Isn’t bill gates being sued by India for killing and… } – Oct 31, 9:10 AM
  • LouV { Regarding “Really, one of the most toxic cancerous chemicals from toxic waste and we drink it.” or “see what is in the vaccines and then… } – Oct 31, 9:03 AM
  • Andrey Pavlov { @CS: Wow. You really keep demonstrating that you genuinely do not know what you are talking about. Let me first say, I’m not sure what… } – Oct 31, 8:55 AM
  • KayMarie { Haven’t seen such a ruling or suggestion. I suspect it will be like all the other vaccines for all the other tropical type diseases where… } – Oct 31, 8:51 AM
  • LouV { … I don’t even see why you would need to be vaccinated. Unless you are in one of the african countries where most of the… } – Oct 31, 8:45 AM
  • simba { ” She said when she took him back and told them, the person looked at my cousins immunization record, erased something and wrote something else… } – Oct 31, 8:44 AM
  • Windriven { Think of it like a buffet. The physician brings the apple pie and the naturopath brings the cow pie. } – Oct 31, 7:43 AM
  • Windriven { But regardless of the acupuncture form used, regardless of the needle used, regardless of the motion, when the treatment is complete each and every patient… } – Oct 31, 7:18 AM
  • Frederick { Wow, nice. That’s really poetic. yeah fear is a good sale pitch. And quack wield it like a pros. Once the path of fear is… } – Oct 31, 7:13 AM
  • Windriven { You just don’t get it, Dr. Crislip. It isn’t where the needles are placed or the size of the needles (though some patients dispute this),… } – Oct 31, 7:13 AM
  • Windriven { Absolutely! I hear that a good Pledge high takes you to a whole new reality. And it makes everything you eat have a nice lemony… } – Oct 31, 6:58 AM
  • Bryan { Acupuncture Injection Therapy: CAM with real world effects! Depending of course on what you’re injecting. Finally a form of CAM that doesn’t make the apple… } – Oct 31, 6:48 AM
  • Lytrigian { Fnord. } – Oct 31, 6:01 AM
  • rita { http://www.himmlisch.com/goldbeads.htm here it is… } – Oct 31, 5:48 AM
  • rita { Ooooh! Oooooh! Oooooh! I got another one! Gold bead acupuncture, where tiny gold beads are inserted in the (oh so vital) acupuncture points and left… } – Oct 31, 5:47 AM
  • Chemmomo { And Diane gets an F in spelling. ( yes: F ) } – Oct 31, 4:43 AM
  • Chemmomo { “The ultimate treatment plan includes an experienced doctor and knowledgeable naturopath” I am curious: What, specifically, does the naturopath bring to the table that the… } – Oct 31, 4:14 AM
  • Badly Shaved Monkey { Rick Scott perpetrator of the greatest Medicare fraud in history. . A bit of explanation for non-Americans, please. } – Oct 31, 4:12 AM
  • Andrey Pavlov { Well said Madison. At base that is what it really boils down to. Peter talks about the “political ascendency that scientific medicine had at the… } – Oct 31, 2:01 AM
  • Firth { In my opinion, quacks get a foothold by convincing lawmakers that their ministrations will prevent illness. Obviously, not having a disease is cheaper than treating… } – Oct 31, 1:43 AM
  • weing { “You basically ask: what is your risk of contracting a vaccine preventable illness?” Answer his question. Not your own. You might learn something. Are those… } – Oct 31, 12:50 AM
  • Concerned Scientist { @madisonMD While it’s late and your interrogatives bleed from one to the other, let me give it a go, as much as I can sort… } – Oct 31, 12:25 AM
  • JD { Sorry, this is meant to be below CS #8 above. } – Oct 30, 11:45 PM
  • JD { The argument spewed forth all the time is that it is the number of antigens that is the problem. That’s what I was responding to…. } – Oct 30, 11:43 PM
  • Chris { CS: “So let’s move on to better methods, better studies” And that would be…? } – Oct 30, 11:33 PM
  • Chris { “Oh yes….has anyone besides me ever noticed that your childs immunization record is always in pencil?” On what planet? Mine is in ink. And so… } – Oct 30, 11:29 PM
  • Concerned Scientist { @JD I’m not sure your’re catching my point, but I certainly appreciate your civility. The CDC has a vaccine safety division, which has an operating… } – Oct 30, 11:27 PM
  • MadisonMD { These inanities are getting old, yet SSR is his own worst enemy. The vapidity of his posts display the illogical thought processes of a physician… } – Oct 30, 11:19 PM
  • MadisonMD { Don’t know JAQ, eh? Well then, it’s time for me to ask some questions, CS. The Socratic method, you know: (1) What is the risk… } – Oct 30, 11:13 PM
  • Concerned Scientist { @andrey Thanks Doctor Pavlov, I knew you couldn’t resist strutting your knowledge. And you’ve provided a nice summary. Let me first say, I’m not sure… } – Oct 30, 10:40 PM
  • Dave { Not worth it to comment too much further. Science is rigorous, not free-thinking, and should be the same for each observer. The art of medicine… } – Oct 30, 10:25 PM
  • Stephen S. Rodrigues, MD { Quackery is in both CM as in all aspects of humanity. It’s basis are the lies people tell overtly or covertly. It’s interesting you all… } – Oct 30, 10:17 PM
  • Stephen S. Rodrigues, MD { I know way above you intellect. } – Oct 30, 10:16 PM
  • Ed Whitney { Diane reminds us all that not all John Birchers are members of the John Birch Society; conspiracy theorizing is more widespread than that. } – Oct 30, 10:14 PM
  • Ed Whitney { Ebola deserves a fresh thread every now and then as the disjunction between science and politics becomes more apparent and more pronounced. The proposed quarantine… } – Oct 30, 10:12 PM
  • «« »»