All Comments

• Peter S { The motion for injunction is the one I meant to refer to. I don’t believe Dr. Novella’s legal team has filed yet, but I expect… } – Jul 24, 7:05 PM
  • Windriven { I also found something that seems to link a Peter Jones with P2D Bioscience, an outfit that among other things, is doing work on TNF… } – Jul 24, 6:19 PM
  • Nell on Wheels { Thanks for the clarification. Now, just to be technical, can you clarify “this motion”? Are you referring to the plaintiffs motion for an injunction or… } – Jul 24, 6:12 PM
  • Peter S { Just to be technical, the first document is Dr. Novella’s opposition to a motion filed by plaintiffs for an injunction, not his response to the… } – Jul 24, 5:49 PM
  • Harriet Hall { Why do you believe there was unknown DNA? I didn’t find any reference that said that. Symptom improvement is not “intriguing” to me. It is… } – Jul 24, 5:23 PM
  • Nell on Wheels { For anyone who’s interested and has the time, the response to the complaint can be found at http://www.scribd.com/doc/234904906/Novella-Reponse, and the link to the original 118… } – Jul 24, 5:15 PM
  • Nell on Wheels { I’m beginning to believe that Mr. Jones is sincere, if perhaps inept, in his zeal to discredit Tobinick. Assuming he’s the same Peter Jones, check… } – Jul 24, 5:09 PM
  • Windriven { Taking you at your word, something I am increasingly disinclined to do, the links still add nothing to the discussion. We’ve all been to the… } – Jul 24, 5:08 PM
  • KayMarie { Perhaps that is the problem. In becoming a nemesis in some kind of epic battle you’ve circled back around where it is hard to distinguish… } – Jul 24, 4:57 PM
  • Kiiri { For home ec. we had a semester in high school no less in TX. It was a bit of a farce really. It turned out… } – Jul 24, 4:52 PM
  • Peter Jones { Windrivin, my reference to the PHds and Peer Reviewers was to demonstrate Tobinick’s need to seekk them out to add legitimacy to his fraudulent claims… } – Jul 24, 4:36 PM
  • brewandferment { It is often called Family and Consumer Sciences (FACS) and in my area it is for all students in middle and early high school. Covers… } – Jul 24, 4:31 PM
  • Elaine { I knew a lady who had one of those exploding toilets. The tank blew up, ceramic shrapnel everywhere. Fortunately no one was hurt. } – Jul 24, 4:31 PM
  • brewandferment { but unfortunately they seem to be on the “label GMOs” bandwagon via their Consumer’s Union policy and action arm with a stated reason being that… } – Jul 24, 4:26 PM
  • Vladimir { http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harriet_A._Hall } – Jul 24, 4:24 PM
  • Greg { Donation complete – good luck with your defence! } – Jul 24, 4:24 PM
  • stanmrak { Your food is not as clean and wholesome as you have been led to believe… } – Jul 24, 4:24 PM
  • Windriven { *Perispinal is such a bullsh!t word. Depending on how didactic one chooses to be, perispinal means ‘in the neighborhood’. So is this homeopathic Embrel that… } – Jul 24, 4:23 PM
  • stanmrak { Don’t hold your breath… the labeling deception is intentional, it increases profits. Ever notice how boxes of kids cereals have cartoon character faces with huge… } – Jul 24, 4:23 PM
  • Vladimir { Maybe you know what appendiceal mucocele is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEuodon3tQM } – Jul 24, 4:18 PM
  • R Miller { You are correct, a neurologist is by definition a physician. Thus, naturopathic practioners (and some chiropractors) simply add the term “functional” or other such modifiers… } – Jul 24, 4:15 PM
  • Windriven { What the fLick is your deal, Jones? You continue to post links to propaganda videos from Tobinick’s site. You make specious claims about the influence… } – Jul 24, 4:12 PM
  • Windriven { What the fuck is your deal, Jones? You continue to post links to propaganda videos from Tobinick’s site. You make specious claims about the influence… } – Jul 24, 4:11 PM
  • KayMarie { Why do people report significant changes in their subjective assessment of their own well being when on a placebo control arm of a clinical trial?… } – Jul 24, 4:04 PM
  • Don C { I believe that when Alex Volinsky began the DNA testing of the “rope intestinal parasite” material, that he has said that most of the results… } – Jul 24, 3:16 PM
  • Peter Jones { The Tobinick Con Job Date: January 21, 2014 Location: Institute of Neurological Recovery, Boca Raton, Florida. Tobinick has invited two Neuroscience Laboratory Researchers, Ignatowski and… } – Jul 24, 3:06 PM
  • KayMarie { I worked on a project once where the funding was part of a settlement between the state and an industry. Part of the money the… } – Jul 24, 2:49 PM
  • Renate { I did the same and my mouth started to water. And to make things worse, in September I will be in Germany for a week. } – Jul 24, 2:46 PM
  • daedalus2u { The thing to do is to hit them with discovery that will uncover criminal and/or fraudulent and/or unethical activity. What they have to be afraid… } – Jul 24, 2:32 PM
  • Windriven { The world needs more Gary Larsons. } – Jul 24, 2:29 PM
  • OleanderTea { These people going on about “natural food” always remind me of the old Far Side cartoon…. http://xenohistorian.faithweb.com/genesis/unnatural_foods_comic_180.jpg } – Jul 24, 2:12 PM
  • Windriven { I read a piece not too long ago about a guy in an urban setting (LA?) who went around planting gardens in medians, abandoned lots,… } – Jul 24, 2:00 PM
  • Windriven { ““I’d be willing to bet that our weekly grocery run costs less than the average crap-in-a-box buyers”.” Well based on your thoughts and Williams, perhaps… } – Jul 24, 1:52 PM
  • Nell on Wheels { I was introduced to Nutella in Rome during a high school graduation trip (studying “Comparative Cultures and Art” — 5 countries in 4 weeks). The… } – Jul 24, 1:49 PM
  • Calli Arcale { It is still required in my state, for both sexes. } – Jul 24, 1:47 PM
  • MTDoc { Funny, I avoid most foods labelled “natural” or “organic”. Probably because they cost more, and sit next to equally appealing products in the supermarket. I… } – Jul 24, 1:47 PM
  • Nell on Wheels { According to the FDA website: The current label simply lists “Sugars,” which refers to both added and naturally occurring sugars. FDA is proposing that the… } – Jul 24, 1:40 PM
  • WilliamLawrenceUtridge { I personally love the way the shame creates a warm, rosy glow deep in my stomach…followed by a thick layer of fat. } – Jul 24, 1:27 PM
  • Nell on Wheels { Consumer Reports has launched a campaign “aimed at pressing the government to prevent manufacturers from using the ‘natural’ label.” } – Jul 24, 1:23 PM
  • Reese Vaughn { Thanks } – Jul 24, 1:14 PM
  • Frederick { Did i just make mother plural? damn it. I’m spamming now lol } – Jul 24, 1:12 PM
  • Frederick { I love nutella, My mothers used to buy some from time to time, I do think that marketing it as “a healthy breakfast” is pretty… } – Jul 24, 1:10 PM
  • Aaron Wright { It’s times like this I wish I was a lawyer. If I were, I would gladly contribute my services to bring down quacks like the… } – Jul 24, 1:07 PM
  • Frederick { Great article. I think consumer protection is important, but company should not have to pay for science illiteracy and naive fear of people. I’m 50/50… } – Jul 24, 12:57 PM
  • Nell on Wheels { I just looked up Belmandel and am going to pretend I didn’t read your post or their website in an effort to avoid adding yet… } – Jul 24, 12:56 PM
  • Lytrigian { In my middle school, both boys and girls took both Home Ec. and Shop. I’m a little surprised this isn’t commonly done. Everyone benefited from… } – Jul 24, 12:56 PM
  • Nell on Wheels { I like gardening, but it is hard work and keeping everything adequately watered can be time consuming and expensive. And, unless you have friends and… } – Jul 24, 12:48 PM
  • Andrey Pavlov { I love Nutella as well, but personally I find the German Belmandel to put Nutella to shame. That stuff I must stay away from or… } – Jul 24, 12:44 PM
  • Nell on Wheels { I blame the fact that Home Economics is no longer a requirement in schools anymore. We were required to take Home Ec in 7th grade,… } – Jul 24, 12:34 PM
  • WilliamLawrenceUtridge { 1) You’re not being poisoned. At worst you’re being fattened. 2) Growing your own food is impractical for many people and unnecessary for nearly everyone… } – Jul 24, 12:33 PM
  • «« »»