All Comments

• LinnieMae { Sounds like you SHOULD blow up a balloon in your own nose! } – May 30, 11:56 AM
  • Windriven { I agree with everything you say about Clapton’s virtuosity. but the guy is a cigar store Indian live. Recorded music has its allures but I… } – May 30, 11:46 AM
  • Windriven { Are you back again Iqbal? Still humping stupidity for fun and profit? “This is incorrect statement. It is the failure of conventional medicine that drives… } – May 30, 10:19 AM
  • Windriven { I would argue this owes to an environment that is inhospitable to trollery. Trolls don’t do well when forced to document their assertions and defend… } – May 30, 10:09 AM
  • mother goddam { I am nbrownlee, Thor, and everyone knew her as Nancy. Mother Goddam is a ‘nym I resurrected when Disqus refused to recognize me and then… } – May 30, 9:34 AM
  • Windriven { “A PhD doesn’t make you a scientist” Neither does prepending ‘Dr.’ to your name. “even though there are many studies that suggest this may be… } – May 30, 9:05 AM
  • Marie { Drives me crazy to see monies being spent on these items as they keep screaming for the need to get TRICARE costs under control. } – May 30, 9:04 AM
  • David Gorski { Research tends to support the idea that trolls tend to be nasty people in “real” life, as those articles I cited indicate. As for the… } – May 30, 8:54 AM
  • Windriven { Only a little wrong. Gage was just trepanation with a power assist. } – May 30, 8:49 AM
  • Simba { Hey now, I knew some lovely trolls in real life, who just used the internet to get all their mischief out in their early teens…. } – May 30, 8:49 AM
  • Windriven { Only myself ;-) } – May 30, 8:38 AM
  • David Gorski { Seriously? Peter thinks that trolls are rare? Holy hell! They’re unfortunately as common as weeds. They’re everywhere and they do this for kicks, e.g.: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/your-online-secrets/201409/internet-trolls-are-narcissists-psychopaths-and-sadists… } – May 30, 8:24 AM
  • Simba { This is one of the most oddly troll-free places I’ve come across. Most, though not all, comparable places were heavily moderated. } – May 30, 8:22 AM
  • KayMarie { Re-reading that comment I am really, really concerned about the word “any”. 1. Any alternative is not always safe, harmless, free of side effects. Some… } – May 30, 7:53 AM
  • Thor { Good calls, Drey! A another well-deserved line by line takedown. And not even exaggerated much. His words speak for themselves (although often they’re convoluted and… } – May 30, 4:21 AM
  • Thor { “Ah, but ‘slippery slope’ is a classic logical fallacy”. Not quite. Saw this and it didn’t sit right, so I checked just to be sure…. } – May 30, 3:58 AM
  • weing { “When SBM will not help, any alternative therapy is acceptable.” I take that to mean you would try SBM first. “The Science of the SBM… } – May 30, 12:55 AM
  • KayMarie { How do you explain all the data that indicated a pre-existing attitude helps drive the decision to try CAM? While there are some that turn… } – May 29, 11:37 PM
  • Thor { “But the thing is, there are over 200 million adults in the U.S. so a small percent of a small percent is still a lot… } – May 29, 11:01 PM
  • Iqbal { Attitudes Predict CAM Use This is incorrect statement. It is the failure of conventional medicine that drives patients to check for alternative therapy. When alternative… } – May 29, 9:33 PM
  • Thor { Ha! I feel honored that the distinguished doctor replied to me:-) But, my comment was actually directed to the main honcho, WLU. He may be… } – May 29, 9:32 PM
  • Thor { Mine, too. His sense of time is immaculate. Can’t think who used double bass-drums before him. Did you happen to catch Beware of Mr. Baker?… } – May 29, 9:25 PM
  • WLU { The primary purpose of the military is the rapid dissemination of death. Why would you cite that as a qualification for medicine? } – May 29, 9:00 PM
  • WLU { I guessed wrong, I thought that’d be a Phineas Gage reference :) } – May 29, 8:57 PM
  • Mark Crislip { Accepted. And MadisonMD’s reply made it worth it. I am just glad I was not drinking coffee at the time. } – May 29, 8:46 PM
  • mother goddam { Ginger Baker will ever and always be my absolute, all time favorite drummer. Listening to Cream even now, there’s always something to discover, or rediscover…. } – May 29, 8:44 PM
  • Thor { Let me apologize to our gracious moderator for ever having mentioned SSR in a comment earlier today. I had a sneaking suspicion it would prompt… } – May 29, 8:22 PM
  • DevoutCatalyst { I was teasing of course. I’m a Zappa fan, too, saw those two play together in ’75. The great philosopher Eddie Van Halen once said… } – May 29, 8:18 PM
  • Thor { No division there with me. Dig them both. CB isn’t easy listening like the Who, definitely challenging, yet rewarding. Off kilter and almost avant-garde it… } – May 29, 8:08 PM
  • Frederick { I wish I had some shill money right now. I’m a 36 year old college student, with a hosue to pay with no summer jobs… } – May 29, 8:02 PM
  • Chris { And he is very artistic. ;-) } – May 29, 7:51 PM
  • EBMOD { Says the person who’s heuristic can be completely described in the statement ‘alternative good, mainstream bad!’… } – May 29, 7:50 PM
  • Nell on Wheels { And yet he survived! } – May 29, 6:50 PM
  • Simba { On the one side we have Mik saying outright that he will choose alternatives over conventional care (until ‘holistic and allopathic’ medicine have joined forces… } – May 29, 6:43 PM
  • Chris { My younger son was a particularly stubborn child. All the time I was trying to get him to eat veggies he would bit off the… } – May 29, 6:31 PM
  • Stephen S. Rodrigues, MD { I see no one has begun to think for themselves – yet. } – May 29, 6:25 PM
  • WLU { ! CAM is the result of how traditional medicine was split into “science-based” and the “other” or “not so science based.”The split between science-based medicine… } – May 29, 6:25 PM
  • MadisonMD { Why not just oxygenate the brain directly? No balloons needed. } – May 29, 6:11 PM
  • WLU { Anal rape might also work, and some chiropractors have been charged with sodomy, are you going to try that? How’s your HIPAA investigation going? } – May 29, 6:06 PM
  • Nell on Wheels { My aunt used to get my cousins to eat carrots by convincing them to “play rabbit” — they’d hunker down and wiggle their noses and… } – May 29, 6:04 PM
  • WLU { Versus failing to point out that placebo medicine is irrational, paternalistic, wasteful and possibly harmful? Also, you phrase your reply as if sarcasm and name… } – May 29, 6:03 PM
  • MadisonMD { …and most clowns already have balloons. } – May 29, 6:00 PM
  • Pmoran { Pavlov, , if you are so smart, you explain to this doddering old fool how angering people further so as to send them on their… } – May 29, 5:46 PM
  • Gambit { Let’s break it down real easy for you Rourke 1) Primary care (setting is in mainstream health delivery sectors) 2) Spinal health (the specific jurisdiction… } – May 29, 4:49 PM
  • knotfreak { LOL. We had a similar thing–peas and carrots down the furnace vent, which attracted mice, which took ages to get rid of. } – May 29, 4:45 PM
  • Gambit { Jann, any comment? It’s been 9 days, surely enough time for a rebuttal. } – May 29, 4:44 PM
  • Stephen S. Rodrigues, MD { The evidence clearly shows that CAM is a cultural phenomenon. NO! CAM is the result of how traditional medicine was split into “science-based” and the… } – May 29, 4:36 PM
  • Stephen S. Rodrigues, MD { Fascination!! I will have to try this in my office!! If it works better that taking pill for years or suffering through a complex surgical… } – May 29, 4:07 PM
  • Thor { No question about the good news in the article. But even if a minority are spending time and energy on CAM, that still counts, no?… } – May 29, 3:54 PM
  • Windriven { “Music is what divides people.” And what draws people together. Unfortunately, I no longer have access to good enough drugs to listen to Beefheart ;-) } – May 29, 3:50 PM
  • »»