There was a full-page ad in my local paper today for Back in Action Spine and Health Centers, targeted at sufferers from almost any kind of chronic back pain. It started with “Are You Ready to Throw in the Towel and Just Live with Hurting So Bad?” It went on to make a number of claims:
- Doctors can fix the problem.
- Breakthrough medical technologies.
- Treatments are FDA cleared.
- Treatments are scientifically proven.
- No side effects.
- Best kept secrets for healing “bad backs.”
- Corrects scoliosis.
- Corrects compressed discs.
- Several university studies at Johns Hopkins, Stanford and Duke have confirmed that these treatments work.
- Medical researchers have reported these methods up to 89% effective.
- Treatments work for back and neck pain, sciatica/numbness, herniated and/or bulging discs, degenerative disc disease (arthritis), spinal stenosis, facet syndromes, spondylolisthesis.
- Their questionnaire can determine who will benefit – if you fit even one criterion like “does your back feel out of alignment?” or “do you have arthritis?” you should call right away.
The ad offers a “Free Qualifying Exam” but you “Must Not Wait” because appointments are limited and they can only honor this free offer for 3 weeks. To encourage you to call, they sweeten the pot with a FREE $49 gift bag.
Are you suspicious yet? You should be. (more…)
Posted in: UncategorizedLeave a Comment (8) →